Thursday, May 13, 2010

Credit where credit is due

Last night the Montreal Canadiens surprised everyone and beat the defending Stanley Cup champions in Game 7. Montreal now moves on to Round 3 of the playoffs, while the Pittsburgh Penguins and their star Sidney Crosby clean out their lockers and try to figure out what happened.

As usual, the fans in Montreal are going crazy. Even though the game was in Pittsburgh, Canadiens supporters packed the Bell Centre in Montreal to watch their boys on the big screen.

The only series still undecided in Round 2 is between the Philadelphia Flyers and the Boston Bruins. They play Game 7 tomorrow, and the winner will face the Habs next.
.
My guy is a crazy Canadiens fan, and he is understandably excited by this unexpected playoff run. Last night I was reminded of why I married him - despite his obsession with the Habs - when I came home to a box of chocolates and an In Sympathy card expressing his condolences for my team's early exit. Even when I'm down, he can sure make me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment