Monday, August 2, 2010

Huston Street is right up my alley


Our holiday Monday Man is Huston Street, a pitcher for the Colorado Rockies. This hottie is from Austin, Texas and is celebrating his 27th birthday today.


So why do we like this guy (besides the obvious, see above)? For one, he's good - he was named the American League Rookie of the Year in 2005 (there are 2 leagues in baseball, the American and the National).

He's also a romantic: when he proposed to his girlfriend 4 years ago, he did so in a room filled with 1,500 red roses. He was just 23 at the time, but said "If I've found the right person, why wait? To find someone I like more? No. That's not going to happen."

Finally, he's used the expression "the cat's meow" in an interview, which I think is pretty adorable.
.
Street gave fans a bit of a scare last week when he was taken to the hospital after being hit with a ball in practice. He passed out several times en route and suffered abdominal bruising. Once, at work, I burnt my fingers taking a bagel out of the toaster oven, so I know a thing or two about workplace injuries and can sympathize. Luckily for us all he is okay and is expected back in the lineup very soon.

Street's hazing outfit - not quite my thing, but he does have nice legs under that skirt



Oh, and a little tip for any Vancouver readers - his little brother Juston currently plays ball for the Vancouver Canadians, so you might want to check out a game and see if good looks run in the family. Feel free to report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment