Monday, June 28, 2010

A man of many talents

Ghana won their game against the United States on Saturday, assuring their place in the final 8. They are the only African nation remaining in the World Cup, and have the support of the continent behind them.

I thought I'd throw my support behind Ghana as well the best way I know how - by granting one of their players the coveted title of this week's Monday Man.

And who better to choose than their captain, Stephen Appiah. This 29 year old currently plays professional soccer in Italy, and has represented his country at the 2004 Olympics and in the 2006 World Cup.


This guy has it all: he cooks, he irons, and he runs his own foundation (called "StepApp," it promotes healthy living and health care for underprivileged Ghanaians). Also, he looks pretty nice with his shirt off.



I hope you'll join me in cheering on Stephen "Tornado" Appiah and the Black Stars (as Ghana's team is known) this Friday when they take on Uruguay.

What a cute baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment